ON FEB. 27, 2009, the Rocky Mountain News ceased publication.
I’ve cobbled together some reading from around the web:
- In this piece for Time, Bob Diddlebock asks Who Really Killed the Rocky Mountain News?
- In Friday last day for Rocky Mountain News, The Denver Post’s Steve Raabe chronicles the end of the paper
- The New York Times has a story: In Denver, Residents Lament the Closing of a Newspaper
- On his blog, Rocky Mountain News editor John Temple tracks what happened to Rocky journalists six months later, and then two years later
- The Sacramento Bee has a nice collection of images